2 x Graduate Physiotherapist 2024
Join Our Mission to Transform Ageing!
Are you an emerging physiotherapist passionate about ageing? Our clientele consists of dynamic, motivated, and intellectually engaged older adults committed to enhancing their physical and mental well-being while aging in place.
We have an opening for a Junior Physiotherapist – Geriatric Care to join our team. This entry-level position is ideal for those graduating or with up to one year of experience in physiotherapy.
- Conduct home visits and in-clinic consultations.
- Implement evidence-based treatment plans for musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, and neurological conditions in older adults aged 65-95
- Collaborate with senior staff for mentorship and professional development
- Contribute to research projects and program development
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in basic physiotherapy techniques and interventions
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice in geriatric care
- Basic understanding of musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, and neurological conditions
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for patient education and documentation
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team, including senior staff and other healthcare professionals
- Empathy and cultural competence in dealing with a diverse patient population
- Proficiency in using electronic health records and clinical documentation software
- Ability to adapt to new technologies used in patient care and data management
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to assess complex patient conditions and develop appropriate treatment plans
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of interventions and adjusting treatment plans accordingly
- Critical thinking skills to interpret clinical data and research findings
Professionalism and Ethics
- Commitment to continuous professional development and lifelong learning
- Adherence to ethical guidelines and standards of practice as outlined by AHPRA
- Time management and organisational skills for efficient caseload management
Research and Academic Skills
- Basic understanding of research methodologies relevant to physiotherapy
- Willingness to contribute to research projects and program development
- Ability to critically appraise academic literature for evidence-based practice
- Recognised Physiotherapy Degree
- AHPRA registration
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Valid Police Check
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
Professional Development and Support
- Structured mentorship programs tailored to individual needs
- In-house professional development sessions every eight weeks
- A generous, uncapped professional development budget
- Administrative support for efficient clinical documentation
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary: A base salary range of $70,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Performance Bonuses: Opportunity for performance-based bonuses tied to key performance indicators after year two.
- Motor Vehicle Allowance: Reimbursement for work-related travel, ensuring that you are not out-of-pocket for fulfilling job responsibilities.
Leave and Work-Life Balance
- Annual Leave: Four weeks of paid annual leave, allowing you to rest and recharge.
- Sick Leave: Comprehensive sick leave provisions ensure that you can take the time you need to recover from illness without financial strain.
- Parental Leave: Supportive parental leave policies for new parents.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Options for flexible work schedules and remote work to maintain work-life balance.
- No Night, Weekend, or Public Holiday Work: Predictable work hours that respect your personal time.
As a Junior Physiotherapist, you will have the opportunity for career progression into senior roles, including specialisation and leadership positions.
About Fizzio Clinics
Fizzio Clinics started in November 2011 with one clinic in Yeronga. We have grown to seven clinics based out of luxury retirement villages, with three more currently under development. All clinics have state-of-the-art fitness centres, treatment rooms and recreation facilities. In addition to in-clinic delivery, Fizzio Clinics provides community physiotherapy in-home and in residential aged care facilities.
Fizzio Clinics is a clinical training partner with the University of Queensland. We have multiple students across the clinics for 45 weeks of the year, adding additional support for running programs and clinics. Fizzio Clinics was honoured with this Clinical Education Partnership Award in Physiotherapy 2022 for its outstanding commitment and excellence in clinical education.
Fizzio Clinics has the latest VALD testing equipment and is involved in new products, program development and research projects.
Our mission is “changing lives by helping people to age well” with a vision to provide the best healthcare experience for older adults. We do this following Fizzio Clinics’ core values of Inspiration, Curiosity, Passion and Innovation.
For more information about Fizzio Clinics, visit fizzioclinics.com/about-fizzio-clinics/
Apply by sending your resume and covering letter via the button